This is a follow-up on a session from the Continuous Improvement 4 Life podcast (episode 29) about optimal goal setting. The podcast is titled “Goal Achievement: Process, Skills, Tools and New Year’s Resolutions Hacks.”
The Goal Achievement Process
Below is a breakdown of the 4-step Goal Achievement Process we discuss in the podcast.
- Identify a mission/purpose statement. (See Episode 2 on our podcast for more detail.)
- Set goals for whole-life success. Focus your goals on the following 6 areas:
- Set SMART goals in each area.
- Build an Accountability Operating System for regular follow-up. This operating system should include:
- Regular reviews of progress
- Accountability support partners
- Celebrations of successes
For more detail on the process, listen to Episode 3.
We had 3 special guests join the podcast and talk about their goal achievements and the processes they use to achieve their goals. Here are the highlights.
Parker referenced 3 books that he used for better goal achievement in 2019:
- 7 Habits of Highly Successful People by Stephen R. Covey
- The 12 Week Year by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr
Tracy referenced several doctors and life coaches that she used to change her health:
- Dr. Steven Hotze from the Hotze Clinic
- Dr. Donald Ellsworth from the Hotze Clinic
- Dr. Mark Hyman from the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Candy Wright from Life Coach School
J.R. discussed the idea of Micro Goals. Do a Google search of “micro goals” to see several articles and YouTube videos on the topic.